Sunday, February 9, 2020

Cards I Love Part 9 - 1948 Leaf Stan Musial

I do not know if anyone has ever done a list of the greatest Cardinals baseball cards, but the 1948 Leaf Stan Musial would be near the top of the list.  I also really like his 1948 Bowman card, I just don't own one, so this Leaf card is the best Musial card in my collection.  It's one of the best cards of the best Cardinals player of all-time. 

I picked up a copy of this card about five or six years ago after having a good month selling off some cards from my collection.  It felt like a bit of an accomplishment to pick up this card.  There is not a really cool story, other than the fact that I found a pretty clean copy, and went for it.

This is my copy.  




The centering is way off, and I am fine with that.  The surface has a few little dings, and I am fine with that too.  The edges and corners pretty are clean.  

I had a dream card as a kid, and it's got a post coming up in a few days.  As an adult, I am not sure that I have had a singular dream card, but this has been one of my favorite cards I have picked up over the past couple of years.  If I had to rank all the vintage cards that I have added to my collection since I have been blogging, this would be at the top of the list.  

5 comments:

  1. A. That is a flippin' awesome card!

    B. The first card that popped into my head when I though of greatest Cardinals baseball cards was the 1983 Topps Willie McGee. I know. I need help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not a bad choice. There are many Cardinals fans who would put that at the top of their list.

      Delete
  2. You need to change your blog to a Cardinals theme. Every post is a Cardinals post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Anonymous" takes the prize for the strangest comment that I've seen in quite some time :)

      Very cool card BTW! I won't ask, but just know that I'm mighty curious about how much needed to be spent to land it.

      Delete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...