Monday, February 10, 2020

Cards I Love Part 10 - 2010 Triple Threads Brian Fuentes All-Star Game Patches

This is actually a post about I how started blogging. 

It all started at some point during the early weeks of 2012 on a Facebook trading group.  I was really big into trading and selling cards at that point, and one of my trading partners at the time suggested that I give writing about cards a shot.  He had a blog with some cards, but it was actually heavy on bobbleheads.  Unfortunately, he stopped writing awhile ago, and his page is not even up anymore. 

Josh from DodgerBobble is still on Instagram.  He still has a great collection of bobbles and autographs up on that page. 

I started off writing for a few minutes each day.  It was a good outlet after work.  It provided me a space to talk about the baseball cards that I was collecting.  It also provided me a chance to connect with other people interested in this hobby.  I really enjoyed spending time writing in this space. 

When I first started writing, I spent a lot of time on cards that I got in the mail from either trades, or buying them off of Ebay or Facebook.  The first card that appeared on my blog was a mail day, and rather random at that. 

This was the card. 




Brian Fuentes had not been a Cardinal yet.  My main reason for buy or trading for this card, I cannot remember how it got here, was that it was from the 2009 All-Star Game in St. Louis.  I do not have the complete set of these Triple Threads cards, but I have a lot of them.  I like writing, I still enjoy this space, so this card is a pretty important one in my collection simply for the fact that it was the first one here. 

In a strange twist, while I do not collect Brian Fuentes cards, his only other appearance on my blog is one of my most read posts of the past almost eight years.  The post is a rant about really bad airbrushing on Brian Fuentes and Mark Mulder cards. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow. Those are some sweet patches... and you definitely started your blog on the right foot. I had to go back and check to see the first card I blogged about. It was a Greg Jennings autograph I purchased from a YouTuber. It's cool, but probably see another blog post anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have to start somewhere. I have in-laws who live in Western Michigan, I believe Greg Jennings is a bit of a local legend around those parts.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....