Sunday, November 17, 2019

2019 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 25

Well, I have reached my goal of 25 Blake Snell autographed cards for the year.  

I couldn't have done it without all of you.  


Thank you for stopping by to read about all the autographs I have found over the past eleven and a half months.  

Also my wife for putting up with my baseball card collection, and my son for bringing in the mail most of the time.  

Here is the card.  




This is my third autographed card of Snell out of the Topps Clearly set.  I have the base autograph, the red parallel, and now the black parallel.  I like this better than the red parallel, but it's still not as good as the base autograph.  

Here is the back of the card.  




I really like the back of the Acetate cards.  The flipped image and the black and white player photo always look nice together.  I feel like black border on the front of the card does not offer the usual contrast with the design of the back, but I still like the overall appearance and design of this card.  

Now that I have reached my goal, that does not mean that I am done with Snell autographs for the year.  If there are quality cards at the right price I will consider adding them to my collection.  I also know that there is almost no way that I will get to 30 Snell autographs for the year unless someone goes crazy with cheap Buy It Nows on Ebay. 

I need to do this again next year.  Maybe with a different player.  



4 comments:

  1. Getting 25 auto's of the same player in one year is crazy! Although it does sound like it would be a little fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun. I think if I had picked a different player it would have been hard to follow through, but I really enjoy the Snell cards.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on picking up #25. That is quite the feat. I went on a autograph buying spree with Al Kaline, but don't think I ever reached that number. In fact, I can't think of any player sitting in my collection with 25 autographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is the only player in my collection with more than 25. The number is probably approaching 50 with the other years added in, but it's a lot.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....