Thursday, October 3, 2019

They're All Here

I started two set projects last month that both involved trying to complete small Upper Deck insert sets from the early 1990s.  One of the sets was the Now & Then cards from the 1993 Upper Deck set, the other was the Top Prospects cards from 1992 Upper Deck Minors.  They are both holographic card sets, which is so 1990s Upper Deck.  

I am close to having both sets done, but for the moment I have closed out the 1992 Upper Deck Minors Top Prospects set.  I started with 2 of the 9 cards, they're all here now.  I wish these scanned better....







I know the print on the back of the cards is still hard to read in the scans, but still felt like they were worth posting.  Prior to working on this project, I owned copies of the Dmitri Young and Chipper Jones cards for obvious reasons.  They fit into my collection.  Out of the seven other cards the hardest to find was the Brien Taylor.  He's pretty popular locally, a legend of sorts in North Carolina.  There are a lot of people who saw him play, or played against him, etc.  You know the stories.  

This is a good looking set, glad to knock this out.  

2 comments:

  1. Very cool set. Love me some 90's UD holograms. Mike Kelly stands out to me. I pulled his 1992 UD College POY Hologram back in the day and was pulling for him to become a superstar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a pretty big prospect, also was traded for Dmitri Young at one point.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....