Saturday, October 19, 2019

Another of the La Pizza Royale

I found another La Pizza Royale card of a former Durham Bulls player this week.  Last week I made a post with my first card from this set featuring Rusty Staub.  This is obviously a manager card from the set, but Gene Mauch was a player while he was on the Durham Bulls during the 1943 season.  He has a few 1950s cards a player, but not manu. 

Here is the new Pizza Royale card. 



There are several different color variations for each of these cards.  This is the blue/purple card of the long time Major League manager.  There are a total of four colors in the set: blue, green, yellow, and red.  Hopefully I will get around to getting all four color variations of both the Mauch and Staub cards, but it is going to take a little bit of patience. 

This is my second Gene Mauch card that I have added to my Durham Bulls collection.  I know I have a bunch of his cards with the Angels and Twins too, but those are all sorted into sets.  This was my first from earlier this year......




Hopefully I will have a few more La Pizza Royale cards to post in the coming weeks. 

2 comments:

  1. Might need to track down a copy of that Sweet Spot Classic autograph for my Expos PC... although I remember Mauch for his years with the Angels, not with the Expos. Best of luck on completing both rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember him as the Angels manager too. Although, growing up in a Cardinals household, I also know that Mauch was the manager of the 1964 Phillies. They were something like 8 games ahead of the Cardinals with 2 1/2 weeks to play, and basically lost almost every game down the stretch. Still a good manager, everyone has their bad moments.

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....