Tuesday, October 15, 2019

2019 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 21

I probably should have had this Snell autograph awhile ago, but I refused to spend much money on a card out of Topps Big League.  It's supposed to be an inexpensive set, so the autographs should be inexpensive too, right?

I'd like to think so. It's the same reason why I have not posted a Topps Fire autograph of my favorite pitcher.  I am not going to pay $20 for an autograph that likely came out of a $20 retail box, and lists for more than his autographs that come out of more expensive hobby boxes. 

I finally found one at a price I was willing to pay. 





I do not love the design of these cards, but it's still a Snell autograph.  At the same time that I do not love the overall design, I will say that Topps did a good job of blending in the sticker.  If you have been here long enough you know that I don't love sticker autographs.  I do not totally avoid them, and honestly I don't mind them if they are inexpensive and the design does a good job of cover up the sticker.  That is the case here. 

Back of the card.




That's not very exciting.  

Probably low on the list of Snell autographs that I have picked up this year, but also another step closer towards my goal of getting to 25.  It's going to be close.  

2 comments:

  1. You're definitely right about it's unattractiveness, but at least, from what it sounds like, you didn't overpay for it -- which is something that a lot of player collectors end up doing when there guy(s) end up being in a new product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right there. You've got this!

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....