Saturday, August 10, 2019

I Think We All Know Who The Real MVP Is.....

I do not write much about Panini cards, and I generally just tune them out.  Every once in awhile I will see a card of theirs that catches my eye, but that happens once or twice a year.  Like the other day I was scrolling through my Facebook page, when I ran across a sweet card of former Cardinals player/current Cardinals coach Willie McGee.  

Card.  



I know the airbrushed stuff isn't even close to a Cardinals uniform, but I love the attempt at recreating some 1980s graphics in the background of the card.  Strong effort.  I even like the picture of McGee batting.  Add in an autograph, and this card is MVP material.  

Back of the card.  




Nice write up about McGee's MVP season in 1985.  Excellent.  

4 comments:

  1. Good to see Panini is getting McGee autographs into collector's hands. Topps needs to take a chapter out of their book and add him to their Archives Fan Favorites checklist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. McGee was in Archives once 15 years ago, since then almost only Panini. I have been a little disappointed Topps has been unable to add him to any of their sets.

      Delete

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...