Tuesday, August 6, 2019

"and my wolfpack, it grew, it grew by one"

It has been fun to watch former NC State player Andrew Knizner get some time with the Cardinals while Yadier Molina has been out with an injury.  Yadi is currently rehabbing with the Memphis Redbirds, so I suspect that Knizner's time with the Cardinals might be slowly winding down until the rosters expand in September.

There have been some good moments during his first season playing in the Majors.  My favorite has to be his first home run, which he hit against the Pirates two weeks ago.




While Andrew Knizner has been promoted to the Majors, he is still showing up on baseball cards as a Minor Leaguer; Bowman products, pictures from Spring Training, and jersey numbers that belong to an offensive line in football.  All of these accurately describe my second Knizner autograph of the year, which is out of Bowman Platinum.  




It's a sticker autograph, which I don't love, but I like that the prices of his cards have gotten a little cheaper since Topps put out Bowman.  

I picked up a second Cardinals autograph out of Bowman Platinum.  




Elehuris Montero has not had a great year, but was a pretty well thought of prospect entering the season.  He has spent a lot of time dealing with injuries, so I am hopeful he will still turn out to do something with himself.  

1 comment:

  1. It was cool seeing Jose Martinez trying to organize the dugout silent treatment in that video clip. Shame some of his and Andrew's teammates didn't get the memo.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....