Monday, August 12, 2019

A 1980s Card Part 13 - 1985 O-Pee-Chee John Tudor



Way back in 1985 I did not collect any O-Pee-Chee cards.  In fact, I think I might have had one or two of them in collection and had no idea what to do with them.  As an adult, I love the 1980s O-Pee-Chee cards.  Really, how many 1985 Topps sets do I need in my collection?  I think there are several copies, probably do not need any more, but these O-Pee-Chee cards keep things interesting.

They are like a hybrid of the regular Topps card and the Topps Traded cards.



I wish I could make some sort of cool graphic where the two cards merge together and form the O-Pee-Chee card.  I am not that talented.  I imagine it would like that episode of The Simpsons where the Japanese cleaning company is using a likeness of Homer, and he discovers they created it by merging together an image of a light bulb and a fish.  





Flip over to the back of the card......




John Tudor's stat line was not interesting until he got to the Cardinals.  I like the dual language labels in both French and English. Always fun 1980s cards to collect. 

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't a fan of OPC baseball products until a few years ago. Now I get pumped when I can add a 70's or 80's OPC rookie card or star player to my collection. As for Tudor... he sure had some amazing seasons in STL.

    ReplyDelete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...