Sunday, May 26, 2019

Buckets!!!

It has been almost two years since I have found a decent card of one of my favorite former NC State players, and current Phoenix Sun, T.J. Warren.  He was a lottery pick a few years ago, after scoring a ton of points while playing in Raleigh.  He scored at the rim, on jumpers, 3 pointers, and all sorts of runners and floaters.





All of which earned him the nickname Tony Buckets.  

I do not do much with basketball cards, I dabble here and there, but I have a nice little stack of T.J. Warren cards going.  I do not know much about basketball cards, but there has been a dramatic decrease in the number of T.J. Warren cards the past few years.  The last card I picked up was some sort of knight/castle inspired autographed card....



Since that time, averaging almost 20 points per game somehow gets you less cards made.  Go figure.  Maybe it's because the Suns are really bad.  Maybe it's because T.J. Warren has been injured a few times and missed some games.  Honestly, I do not know.  

So, magically it appears that there are some nice new cards of T.J. Warren that have popped up in the last year.  They are suddenly really cheap too.  I picked up one of them, and will likely add a few more in the coming weeks.  Here is my new card....





Pretty excited for a few more too.  

2 comments:

  1. This guy averages almost 20 a game and I've never heard of him. I guess I've officially fallen out of touch with NBA basketball. Although I gotta admit, I've bought more basketball cards this year than I have in the past five years combined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Him playing for the Suns probably doesn't help!

      Delete

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...