Saturday, April 27, 2019

This Isn't The Card You're Looking For....

Bowman has been out for a few weeks, and I have barely touched any of the cards.  I am cutting back on sets, but since this is more or less a Minor League product, I am all over it.  I saw the checklist a few weeks back and was really excited to see some of the names from the Cardinals system, plus a few Durham Bulls/future Durham Bulls.

It was a happy time, and then people started opening packs. 

I understand that there will always be some level of prospecting, but this year seems to be ridiculous.  Three and four digit prices for guys who are playing in the Florida State League?  The Cardinals prospects are not that bad, but they are not great either.  I am being patient, and the prices seem to be coming down a bit. 

In the meantime, I was not really looking for any NC State players, but I found one that was inexpensive. 




Deatherage was a tenth round pick by the Tigers last summer, and played Rookie League, and two different A Ball stops.  He hit really well last summer, and I was actually guessing that this would be a card that would be out of my reach to start.  Deatherage hit over .320, had almost 20 steals, and more than 20 extra base hits, in 60 games. 

He's off to a slow start this year, but I am still happy to get a copy of this card. 


1 comment:

  1. Although I wouldn't consider myself a prospector... I do enjoy opening products like Bowman and Panini USA, then tracking the guy I pulled. Sure hope Deatherage makes it big for you.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....