Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Marcell, Marcell

I set out this spring to find some Marcell Ozuna cards.  At the time I started, I made a post with a few of his Marlins cards that I had picked up after his trade to the Cardinals.  The rest of this summer I was quiet with Ozuna cards until last month when I found a copy of his Topps Tek autograph from this year's set.  

The lack of new Marcell cards had more to do with his disappointing performance on the field and less to do with the cost or availability of his cards.  Now that the season is over, I feel like there are many Cardinals fans who are over Marcell in many ways,  especially now that the team has traded for Diamondbacks first baseman Paul Goldschmidt.  

Plenty of Marcell Ozuna cards around now.  Reasonable prices too.  I picked up two of them.  




First up is a 1983 style insert card from this year's Topps set.  There are a few of these from Series 2 and Update products that were sticker autographs.  Luckily, Marcell was an on-card autograph.  The 1983 Topps were some of the first baseball cards in my collection, so I have really enjoyed finding these cards this year.  I do not have all of the Cardinals autographs, nor all the former Durham Bulls, but I am getting close.  Probably won't finish.  

Last one.  




This is my second Triple Threads card of the year.  I also picked up a Blake Snell.  Pretty typical design for this product, but I had not noticed the gold foiling on the other card.  It has a little sharper contrast with the red jersey swatch and the coloring around the action shot of Ozuna.  I am not much into relic pieces anymore, but the red piece has to come from a batting practice jersey.  


The disclaimer on the relic pieces nowadays.  It's still a nice looking autographed card, good addition to the collection, and a good 2019 out of Marcell would make these two cards even better.  

1 comment:

  1. You didn't complete your sentence. "The disclaimer on the relic pieces nowadays is utterly ridiculous". ;)

    ReplyDelete

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...