Sunday, November 25, 2018

A Little Better The Second Time

I had been looking for the right opportunity to add a Miles Mikolas autograph to my collection this year.  The Cardinals newest pitcher, who spent the last few years playing in Japan, has signed for a few different products this year.  None of the autographed cards were really in a price range that I was willing to pay until Topps put out a Topps Chrome autograph a few weeks back.  

Not a very costly card. 



Also a little disappointing that Topps took a pretty nice looking card and threw a sticker autograph into the middle of a nice picture.  I have kept my eyes open in case something a little nicer in appearance popped up at a reasonable price.  Mind you, it had to be something that was a nice upgrade over the Topps Chrome Update.  No more sticker autographs.

I found it.



I have really enjoyed collecting these 1983 style cards in the Topps set this year.  I put together the inserts out of the first series, should probably look into doing so for Series 2 and Update.  That's for a different post though.  The first year I collected cards was actually in 1983.  I was pretty little, but I still have an affinity for these cards.  I picked up a few other autographs from this set way back at the beginning of the year, nothing really since.  

Great looking card and certainly a nice upgrade over the Chrome Update card.  

3 comments:

  1. The 1983 auto is great. I think the Topps Gallery Mikolas auto is even worse than the Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the Gallery cards floating around. Pretty terrible, especially the Tyler O'Neill.

      Delete
  2. I've accepted that sticker-graphs are a part of a hobby... but I refuse to pay for them unless the athlete has zero on-card options. Not sure how Topps can't see that placing a refractive sticker on top of a Chrome card is a total eyesore.

    P.S. On a positive note... that 83 style autograph is a great looking card.

    ReplyDelete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...