Saturday, November 24, 2018

A Card To Celebrate

Blake Snell took home quite a few awards as a Minor Leaguer, but Major League success had been elusive for the pitcher prior to this season.  2018 was a great year for the former Durham Bulls, which culminated in Snell taking home the Cy Young Award recently.  He deserved it.




Unfortunately, a great award winning season can be just the thing to make a young players cards spike in price.  As someone who has collected Blake Snell for the past few years, I was worried that the collecting would have to slow down a bit.  

His early cards have become more popular and more expensive, but his current cards generally have not.  There are many that are still under $10, with the overwhelming majority costing no more than $20.  So, to celebrate Blake Snell's Cy Young Award, I went ahead and picked up a nice card of his from a recent card release.  




This new card of Blake Snell is from Triple Threads, which does not even look like it's orignal concept anymore.  All of these different Topps brands have all blended together.  These sort of look like the relic cards from Tribute a few years back with a sticker autograph slapped on the front of the card.  No matter the brand, it is an attractive looking card.  Nice relic swatch and nice autograph.  While Triple Threads is a sticker autograph, never my preference, Topps really does a nice job of blending the stickers into the design on this product.  

2 comments:

  1. Just added a Snell to my collection as well. I'll be writing about it in the near future. He's the latest addition to my left handed Cy Young Award winners PC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep my eyes open for your post. Love seeing Snell cards!!!

      Delete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....