Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Zilla, Tots, and Sarge

I completed a Facebook trade a few days ago.  I swapped out a card that someone was looking for, always a good feeling to help, and I picked up a few cards for my trouble.  I ended up with a former Durham Bull, a Cardinal, and an autograph from a nice set from the early 2000s.

First up.



I have not added any of these Topps Fire cards yet this year, but I liked this Snell "Zilla" autograph.  Yes, it's a sticker.  Yes, it's a retail card.  Still a solid card.  Although, I miss when these were metal cards that Topps sold directly to collectors.




I have not picked up too many Bader "Tots" cards yet.  I know that Topps has put him into a lot of different products this year, many of them as an autograph signer.  I am pretty sure that this might be my first of the year.  Since the Cardinals have changed managers, Bader has become a regular player, and seems like someone who is going to stick around for awhile.  




I did not actually trade for this card, but my trade partner included this in their package.  Not an expensive card or anything, but I really like the Archives sets.  The 2001 set was one of the better versions of the product.  Most of Matthews career was before my time, but he was a decent outfielder for the Cubs by the time I started watching baseball.

Very generous throw in.

1 comment:

  1. Not all throw-in cards are created equal. Sweet Matthews!

    ReplyDelete

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...