Sunday, August 26, 2018

Nuke LaLoosh Rides The Bus

This year was the 30th Anniversary of the movie Bull Durham.  The original release date for the movie was June 15th, 1988.  The Durham Bulls did a few things to celebrate the movie.  The Bulls showed the movie at the Durham Athletic Park, they now play in a modern park, one evening the weekend before the anniversary of it's release.  I had long standing plans with the little ones, so I could not attend.  However, I did manage to squeeze a viewing of the movie in before I went into work on the anniversary.......




I pulled off the whole 4 A.M. thing too.  




That start time hurt a little bit by the middle of the afternoon.  

Beyond the movie showing the Bulls also gave away a Nuke LaLoosh and Crash Davis Bobblehead this year as a promotional item to ticket plan holders.  The bobble featured the two main characters from the movie on the Durham Bulls bus from the movie.  

This one.  





There are three main scenes that take place on the bus during the movie.  

The "21 greatest days of my life" scene.  




The nightmare scene where Nuke is pitching in garters and a jock strap.  



and my favorite, the cliches scene.  




Pretty important setting in the film, so it's nice to see the bus make an appearance on this dual bobblehead.  This is the front....




and the back.  




Both the bus and the head bobble.  The actual front of the bus.  




A little closer view.  




It's hard to read with the black print, but the front of the bus says "Greatest Show On Dirt".  Good detail from the bus in the movie.   

Final picture.  




Which is the back of the bus.  

Overall, this is one of my favorite Durham Bulls promotional items that I own.  I love the fact that both the heads and the bus bobble, as well as the fact that the team celebrated the Bull Durham movie with a giveaway item.  One more Bulls promotional item at some point in the next few weeks.  

2 comments:

  1. That bobble is awesome! Gonna try and watch the movie this week to celebrate the anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....