Sunday, July 29, 2018

Pink Cards Are Underrated

There are not many pink baseball cards in my collection, but I feel like anytime I run across one I am never disappointed.

Vintage pink baseball cards are nice.



Modern pink baseball cards are nice too.



There are not many pink cards out there floating around, but one recently caught my eye.  There are pink parallels in this year's Inception set.  There were in the past too, the Taveras card is from the same product, different year.  I have a few favorite players in that set this year, so I had been on the lookout for their cards on Ebay and trade groups.  With one player I specifically set out to find the pink card.  

It caught my eye the first time I saw a copy of it.  




There are many other versions of this Anthony Banda Inception card with lower serial numbers.  They are also different colors.  Some are some are gray, some are red, and some are gold.  None of them look quite as nice as the pink variation in my opinion.  Yes, this card does have a decent patch piece included below the autograph, but I actually think that the picture of Banda in the old purple and green Diamondbacks jersey is the next best thing about this card.  

Another nice thing about this card is the fact that Topps did not airbrush Anthony Banda into a Rays uniform.  He was traded this off-season to Tampa, spent part of the season with the Durham Bulls, before he was called up to the Majors, which is why his cards keep popping up on my blog.  Topps has made a Rays card of Banda, it is just really terrible....




No thank you, I will stick to my pink Diamondbacks card.  A happy addition to the collection.  

1 comment:

  1. Most of my pink cardboard comes from the 1972 and 1975 Topps sets. Absolutely love both of those sets.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....