Friday, June 8, 2018

A Post About Cats Part 2

I am not a really a cat person.  There are a few cats in my life, not many.  Here is my run down.  

Cats at work.  Love those food wrappers.  


Cats at the zoo.  



Cat Barber, who was the subject of the original post about cats.  




A song about cats




Grumpy cat



and The Big Cat 




I am not specifically trying to collect the long time Expos, Rockies, and Braves first baseman.  He did appear as a Cardinal for one season in 1992, which was not the best moment in his career.  I still enjoyed watching him play for the Rockies and Braves after he left St. Louis.  So, why collect him at this point?  

First, I actually picked up two of these cards....




This second card is the white parallel, with a print run of 199, and the top is blue with a print run of 150.  At this point, there are two other reasons for my small Big Cat collection that I have been assembling over the past year:  

First, I really enjoy the fact that Topps has put some of the 1980s and 1990s players in their products over the years.  Always fun to look back at players from your childhood and teen years.  

Second, I never really had a problem with the Expos even though they were in the Cardinals division for a long time during the 1980s and early 1990s.  Kind of harmless in many ways outside of a few years in the 1990s while the Cardinals were terrible.  At this point, since the franchise does not really exist, many of the cards of their former players have become fun to collect.  There just a few put out every year, but it's nice to see players like Tim Raines, Andre Dawson, and Andres Galarraga back on baseball cards.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...