Sunday, October 16, 2016

Five Star Is My Friend

I have always really loved the Five Star product.  I am not really big on actually opening those expensive boxes myself, but I really enjoy picking off some of the singles from different trade groups and Ebay.  There are a bunch of different Cardinals players in this year's set, but with Aledmys Diaz being the highlight of the players available, I have decided to set my sights a little bit lower.  As much as I loved these cards, spending more than $50 on a rookie card is not always my style.  Especially when the price of his cards seems to be dropping slowly.

Maybe soon on an Aledmys autograph.

The selection of Durham Bulls players in this set is sparse, but I picked up the lone autograph of a former player.  This is a great looking card....



The scan does not do much to show off the card stock used on the card, but it is the typical thickness that Topps has used since they first started this brand a few years ago.  I really like the light colored frames around this year's cards, the darker backgrounds, but they also did a nice job of giving the players a clear light space at the bottom to sign the cards.

Snell's autograph is not the prettiest, but he has easily been the best prospect to pass through Durham the past two years making him an easy choice to track down in new card products.

I know the season is over, but if you have not seen Snell pitch a game yet, it should definitely be on your list of players to check out next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....