Monday, October 24, 2016

A Venerable Old Card Part 31

I have a few big boxes of parallel cards that I have assembled over the years.  A few days back I worked on sorting out some of the cards from box.  Some of the cards belong in that rare column, but many of them are cards that have hundreds, if not thousands, of print run copies.  Rather than leave a bunch of $2 cards in their own box I am sorting them into the sets from which they came.  Kind of a cool thing to do and fun to see some cool cards from the 1990s and early 2000s, even if they don't have a ton of monetary value, they have been fun to look through.

One of the odder sets of cards that seem to be floating around my box are the expansion team versions of the Cardinals cards from 1993 and 1998.  I have odd players from both years, but have the Marlins, Rockies, Diamondbacks, and Devil Rays versions of the Ray Lankford card because it's Ray Lankford.  

Here the Lankford Devil Rays card which is my Venerable Old Card for the week.....




The Devil Rays and Diamondbacks cards were available in factory sets, but there are tons of these singles floating around on sites like Ebay and COMC.  Again, these are not expensive making them a cool find if you happen to collect a 1990s player.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...