Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Everyone Loves Ray. At Least I Do.

In my never ending quest to find Ray Lankford cards I stumbled across a really cool late 1990s card on the old internet.  One of the most popular early parallel sets that was put out around that time was the Circa Rave cards.  They were roughly two or three per case as I recall, but not one per box.  The cards were numbered to 150, which seems like a large number these days, but they were a good chase back then.

The cards were often pricey, so at the time the Circa cards came out, I skipped over this Ray Lankford card.  I found one copy about five years ago on a trip back to St. Louis and I probably overpaid for the card.  I hadn't seen one in a long time, so I figured I was probably running out of chances to find one.

Fast forward to now.  Look what I found.....


There is not a lot of difference between the base card version and the Rave versions of these cards.  The front has no identifiable marker outside of the foil color of the word Circa 97 and the player name being purple instead of silver.  The card back has the serial number.......


The best part of finding this card was the fact that it cost me less a shade over $5.  Far cheaper than the cost of my other copy.  While I would like to say, in retrospect, that I should have been more patient, I am just going to think of this has having two really cool Circa Rave cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...