Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Great Mustachio

One of the better pitchers on the Cardinals this year was Carlos Villanueva dubbed "Mustachio" by his teammates on social media.  I know that first statement might have drawn a few chuckles out of some of you, but it's true.  Serving as the team's long reliever Villanueva posted an ERA+ of 135 and beat his career marks in K/9, BB/9, and FIP.  I know the long reliever usually comes into those games that are a blow out one way, or the other, but it is still a fairly important role for team to fill.  

I did not do a ton with Cardinals cards this year, there were a lot of repetitive players from the Cardinals who appeared over and over, but I feel like I also missed the chance to add a easy autographs of some of the role players on the team.  Ultimately my goal is to have at least one autograph of every player to appear in a Cardinals uniform.   Not a shocker here, but Villanueva autographs are really inexpensive, plentiful, and the only reason I did not add one sooner is simply because I did not look.  However, I did find one recently.  Here is the one that I added to my Cardinals autograph collection:



Can I complain about Carlos Villanueva autographs?  They are all sticker autographs, but he did most of his signing in 2009 and 2010 products, so I guess it fits the years.  I really like his signature and I paid about $2 for this card.  Add in the fact that I threw this in the cart of a COMC order, which charges a flat $3 for shipping, and I feel like I did well picking up this card. 

2 comments:

  1. I always liked him when he was a Cub; he was an effective swingman for us, but I must admit that I mostly like him for his mustache too. It's just too impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like his Topps card from last year with the Cubs. He has a Rollie Fingers-esque mustache on that card.

      Delete

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...