Thursday, December 24, 2015

Snorting Bull Awards: Best Autograph Set






I was talking with a fellow collector about a week and half ago about our autograph sets of the year.  We each shared our opinions, but he also was really excited about the upcoming Strata release from Topps.  I checked out a few pictures and I was excited too.  In fact, I already landed my first Strata autograph in a trade earlier today.  The problem is that I am trying to wrap up my awards posts, note they are 2015, by the end of 2015.  That leaves me with a week to make several more posts about cards.  Perhaps I will get the Strata card in the mail and I will change my mind.  Maybe I won't.  Until then this product wins......


2015 Best Autograph Product 

Five Star 

 


 Yes, I am using the same Matt Carpenter card in back to back posts.  This year the Five Star set was easily the best autograph set in my opinion.  Let's down a few of the reasons.  First, it's a high end product with on-card autographs.  There are plenty of nice looking autographs put out every year, but it slays me how many of them feature sticker autographs.  Five Star is all on-card.  Second, the product has improved over time.  When Topps debut this product I know a lot of collectors loved these cards.  I was one of them.  They had dark backgrounds, thick card stock, and the edges chipped.  Now, they have lighter backgrounds, thick card stock, and they don't chip.  Great product, I have several more of these cards I need to share out, but you will not be disappointed if you end up with a Five Star. 










1 comment:

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...