Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Crazy Tier One

I have a lot of catching up to do on my 2015 autograph posts.  As the summer ended, and we are just a few weeks away from officially starting winter, I really need to catch up on my cards.  Here's part of the stack that I found this last week which still needs to be posted......


Sorry, that is the only Andruw Jones card in this blog post.

One of the things that I have been looking for in the cards that I have been buying and trading for this year is a few new names.  I seems as if some of the card manufacturers have been in a rut with the same players appearing time and time again in autograph sets.  Well, there are a few new signers here and there, just need to find them.  I thought that this card was a pretty cool add to the collection....



Not very expensive either, but Rob Dibble was one of the great personalities in baseball during the early part of the 1990s with the Cincinnati Reds.  Dibble combined with Norm Charlton and Randy Myers to form "The Nasty Boys".  The three players were great at closing out games for the Reds, but they also caused a few melees around baseball.  Dibble was kind of the ring leader of the crazy with the three relief pitchers.  

3 comments:

  1. Love it when players sign their number

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Always cool to see, especially as in the case of Dibble, they wear the same number throughout their career.

      Delete
  2. I did an Andruw Jones autograph a few weeks ago. He was the only Durham Bulls card in the Topps Heritage Minors set. Picked up a few others too.

    ReplyDelete

45 To Go

I am excited about my latest pick up for the Red Man Tobacco set I am attempting to assemble. As you can imagine, there are quite a few Hall...