Wednesday, November 25, 2015

So Fresh, So Clean

Everyone knows Oscar Gamble from his 1976 Topps Traded card.  It was made before I was even born, but it has always been one omy favorite baseball cards.  I don't own that set, but I do have about three copies of this card.....


I recently had the opportunity to trade for an autograph of Oscar.  I was looking to unload some of the thousands of doubles that occupy a table in my baseball card room and ran across a Mariners collector looking to fill a bunch of holes in their collection.   Amongst the cards in their trade album was this gem from the 2015 Archives set.....


While this is a cleaner version of Oscar Gamble I was still happy to add the card to my collection of autographs.  He not only had a cool 1976 Topps Traded card, but was also a pretty good baseball player back in the day.  He helped the Yankees win the American League pennant in 1976 and again in 1981.  He is by no means a Hall of Fame player, but 200 career home runs and an OPS+ of 127 are pretty numbers.  Love this card, even if Oscar's hair is trimmed up a little bit in the photograph.

1 comment:

  1. The 76TT card is one of the greatest cards from the 70's. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

2024 Blake Snell Autograph Count: 7

This is the ninety-seventh Blake Snell autograph in my collection and definitely the first with the word "Pentamerous" on the fron...