Sunday, October 11, 2015

#MyCardMonday


I have been filling in a few holes in my Durham Bulls collection the past few weeks.  I am not sure why I have been stuck on Bulls cards lately.  Is it a lack of International League playoff games this fall?  It could be since the Bulls have made the playoffs seven times during the past decade.  Baseball fans in this part of North Carolina are spoiled with having both a fantastic product on and off the field with our Durham Bulls.  It makes me want to get a cup of Lollygagger from the Bull Durham Beer Company and a hot dog and enjoy some baseball......

On to the card.

I picked this Scott Diamond up for less than $5.  I know that he was one of those older guys pitching in the minors this year, but the former Twins hurler had a nice year for the Bulls picking up the team's award for their pitcher of the year.  In 25 starts, Diamond won 11 games and posted an ERA of 3.71.  This Scott Diamond card comes from the 2013 Triple Threads set and features a nice looking on-card autograph.  He had a bunch of certified autographs with Topps in 2013, but I have liked this card for awhile and just not acted on bidding on one.  The pinstriped jersey pieces are a nice touch on top of the autograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Ray - 2023 Panini Flawless

It turns out that Ray Lankford had two autographs in Panini Flawless. I added one a few weeks back and won the other in an auction on Ebay l...