Tuesday, October 27, 2015

L"O"ngoria

It has been a month or two since I have added a new Longoria card.  He is one of my favorite former Durham Bulls players that I have followed in the Majors and spent a lot of time and money on his cards.  My latest Longoria card is cool for many reasons beyond the fact that it an autographed card of the Rays third baseman.  Here's a look at the card..... 


This autograph actually comes from the SP Authentic By The Letter set.  Back in the day when Upper Deck made baseball cards this was always one of the best products around every year.  The base cards were about what you would expect out of a 90 card set from Upper Deck, but these autographs were also cool to pull out of packs.  They are always something that would I look for in trades and on the cheap on sites like Ebay and COMC.

This is the first time I have been able to put my hands on a copy of the Longoria card.  I picked this up in a trade with local card guy Jimmy, or Big D.  The card is serial numbered 1/5 which makes this card a really sweet find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....