Friday, September 18, 2015

Star Wars Card Trader: Empire Strikes Back Illustrated

I have not done an update on my Star Wars Card Trader collection recently, so I thought I would take a few minutes tonight and show off one of my current favorite sets on the Topps app.  I did a write up on the app awhile ago and have continued to check in everyday, save up my free credits, and work towards collecting a few cool cards.  My current favorites are out of the EmpIRe Strikes Back Illustrated packs.

Most of the packs on Star Wars card trader are 5,000 credits, but the Empire Strikes Back packs are a little bit more expensive at 7,500 credits.  It's worth the trade off to collect a nice looking set of cards based on the second Star Wars film.  I am still short a few of the cards in the set that have already been released, more or coming out, but I will have to work out a few trades to catch up.  Here's what I have so far.......

















I have not done any set building yet on Star Wars Card Trader, but this seems like a good challenge for my first venture into putting together a complete product run on the app.  I have enjoyed picking up singles during the past few months that I have been active on the app, but I am ready to move onto new challenges.  Might have to try something like this on Bunt too.  I will keep you up to date.....

10 comments:

  1. Those are pretty cards. They are even prettier when you buy them in packs and hold them in your actual hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cards in hand are cool, and I have been working on putting together the actual real life card set, but I still really like the card app. It costs nothing and is a cool way to enjoy the hobby.

      Delete
  2. I'm on there... user name Canuck.

    Hit me up ... maybe we can swap imaginary cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look you up later this afternoon and add you to my friends list.

      Delete
  3. I've got all but 2 out of the 25 and have dupes of most of those. I'd be happy to help you finish the set. TAB316NC

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Star Wars Card Trader user names are RAZ34 and CHONK3434.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait. Do you earn credits by opening real Topps products, or do you pay for credits and use them to buy imaginary cards? Either way... these cards are really cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get credits daily for logging in, with a larger batch of credits for logging in for a week in a row. You can buy credits, too, but I haven't done that yet. I have plenty of fun with my free daily allotment.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info. Does Topps have any cool incentives? Like perhaps... give away actual printed sets of the products to collectors who complete the virtual set?

      Delete
    3. Not that I'm aware of. You can get extra credits for completing certain sets or groups of cards, but I haven't heard of any tangible rewards.

      Delete

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...