Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Bowman Burner Turner


I missed getting to see Trea Turner in the Minors this summer, but it is good to see him up in the Majors playing for the Nationals.  It's been a little bit of a slow start for the shortstop so far with just 1 hit in his first 14 games.  Still most baseball fans are expecting good things from the former Padres first round draft pick who officially came over to the Nationals this summer after being traded last fall.  It's a long story.  While I am not a huge fan of the Nationals I have enjoyed following Turner's career since he starred locally for NC State.


Turner should move into a starting role next season for the Nationals and should provide the team with good defense up the middle and lots of speed.  I have seen a couple of Nats fans question Turner's ability to hit given his struggles so far in the Majors, but I think he is going to be just fine in the long run.

My newest Turner card comes from the Bowman Inception set and features a nice on-card autograph of the former NC State star.  Turner has had numerous autographs over the past few years, but I think this might be the best of the lot, meaning it's not an unlicensed card or airbrushed from a stock college photograph.  I am guessing a Nats autograph could show up at some point this fall, until then this is my favorite Trea Turner autograph.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...