Monday, April 6, 2015

#MyCardMonday




Pretty simple choice for the #MyCardMonday pick this week.  It was good to sit down and end my weekend by watching the Cardinals and Cubs play on Sunday Night Baseball.  It's great to get that first win out of the way quickly and I was happy to see Adam Wainwright have a good outing.  This week's card comes from the 2007 Topps Finest set.  Wainwright does not have a ton of different autographs, almost all of them come from early in his career, but there is a good quantity of each autograph.  Meaning it's not too difficult to find copies of these cards.  This card has a nice write up on Wainwright's Game 7 strike out of Mets outfielder Carlos Beltran which put the Cardinals in the 2006 World Series.

2 comments:

  1. Boooo....... I had tickets to that game but a close friend of mine passed away and her services were that night. Beltran just stared. Never moved the bat.

    ReplyDelete

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....