Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Nineties Night

I spent a little bit of time working on my 1998 Stadium Club set last weekend.  After much sorting I found a full base set and a bunch of doubles and some really good inserts.  I am probably far enough away on most of the insert sets that putting together a master set of inserts would be a difficult task, but I was really close on one of the cool inserts in the Stadium Club product.  

I am not sure that my scan does this card justice, but this card comes from the 15 card Royal Court insert set......


These cards had a nice silver foil finish and were seeded at 1:36 packs, or one per box and a half.  Somehow I ended up with 11 of the cards in my collection.  I am not sure if I had worked on putting together this set at some point, but they were there in the box.  That means I needed four cards, all of which were pretty decent cards.  

A little bit of shopping on COMC netted me the last four cards........







I am happy to close out a nice looking insert set from the nineties with these four cards.  I am not a huge COMC shopper, but I must say, if you are looking for a few cards to fill holes in sets it is a great site.  I ended up paying slightly more than $10 for the four cards and got flat rate shipping on the items.  I picked up one more card with this order, but I will save that one for another day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...