Sunday, March 1, 2015

#MyCardMonday



As a baseball fan I am excited that we are getting close to the start of the season.  We are just 34 days (from Monday) from the first game of the season between the Cardinals and the Cubs.  As a Cardinals fan it seems like there are a lot of questions circling the team this spring.  The Cardinals always seem to have all of the answers and inevitably end up playing important baseball games in October.  One of the more intriguing stories at Cardinals Spring Training this year is pitcher Jaime Garcia.  

When Garcia is right physically he is a really nice pitcher.....




The problem is that Garcia has not pitched a complete season since 2011.  Since then there have been shoulder surgeries and thoracic outlet operations with very little pitching.  Garcia is back with the Cardinals this spring trying to win a spot with the team.  I am guessing that he will end up pitching in the minors on some sort of rehab assignment at the beginning of the year, but at some point he could very well help the Cardinals out with some starts during the season.  

The early returns look good: 




I would be excited to see the good healthy version of Garcia return to the Cardinals starting rotation and recently had to breakout my Garcia cards.  The card above is probably my favorite Jaime card that I picked up a few years ago from former blogger DodgerBobble.  He is still on Instagram and runs a great page with tons of autographs.  Anyway, the card comes from the Museum product with a nice on card signature.  Love the contrast between the blue ink and white background.  I like the faded area around the bottom of the card which gives a nice spot for the signature.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...