Sunday, February 22, 2015

Hit Bull, Win Steak Part 1

I was reading through the FanGraphs 200 prospects list last week checking out where all of our favorite future baseball stars are ranked paying special attention to the Cardinals and the Rays.  Both teams have a handful of players on the list, but neither franchise is probably where they would really like to be in terms of quantity and quality of prospects.  Which reminded me....

I needed to pick up a few baseball cards.  Yesterday they started to show up in my mailbox.



First up is Cardinals prospect Robert Kaminksy.  The Cardinals left handed pitching prospect went 8-2 with an ERA of 1.88 in 100 innings last year in the Midwest League (A Ball).  His WHIP was 1.01 and he struck out 79 on 31 walks.  Oh, and he's 19.  So, why is this pitcher not on the Baseball America Top 100 Prospects list, nor in the top 100 prospects on the FanGraphs list?  He's, um, you know.....


short.


Could that be a problem?  Perhaps, but it seems like being 5'11 isn't hurting Kaminsky too much with that ERA under 2.  In the meantime, the Cardinals pitching prospect has several nice baseball cards floating around from both the 2013 and 2014 card products.  None of them are overly expensive and given Kaminsky's numbers and age, I would guess that the odds of him appearing in a Major League at this point are above average.  This beautiful on-card autograph of Kaminsky out of the 2014 Bowman Inception product cost me right at $5 delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....