Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Cautiously Heyward Part 2 or I Love Topps Tek

I swear I am not going to all in yet on Jason Heyward.  I might have picked up a few autographs of the new Cardinals outfielder over the past few weeks, but really I am not all in.  My acquisition of my latest Heyward is partially inspired by his trade to the Cardinals, but the card also comes from another 90s redo.  Last week I picked up a David Thompson card that was inspired by the 1998 Skybox EX-2001 set.  Tonight's Jason Heyward autograph comes from the 2014 Topps High Tek set which was inspired by the 1998 Topps Tek set.  If you have followed my blog from its beginnings you might remember that one of my first projects was putting together a complete set of the mega Topps set.  Here's the newest Heyward autograph.....





The cards are similar to the 1998 Topps Tek set, but still not quite the same.  It's one of those sets that was really unique and probably cannot be duplicated.  Still I really like the looks of this card and I love the fact that the autographs in this set are all on-card autographs.  There are some really nice ones out there floating around.  There are definitely more of these Topps Tek cards on the way and maybe another Heyward card or two also, but I swear I am not collecting his cards yet.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....