Sunday, November 2, 2014

#MyCardMonday

I am feeling rather proud of my alma mater on this fine day, so the two #MyCardMonday entries will be NC State themed this week.  If you are not a follower of ACC football then you my not be aware of the fact that the last conference win in football for my beloved Wolfpack came in 2012.  The school fired the football coach after the 2012 season and hired Dave Doeren away from Northern Illinois fresh off of an Orange Bowl appearance.

The Wolfpack was winless in conference play last year and started this year with the gauntlet of Florida State, Clemson, Boston College, and Louisville.  Those were four loses.  In rolled a game against Syracuse this weekend and the Pack finally prevailed by a touchdown.  It was a good ending to a bad streak.

I have been working in a few autographs of NC State guys here and there.  I do not post all of them, truth be told, most of them are really really inexpensive.  Yes, there is Russell Wilson and Philip Rivers and Mario Williams.  There are plenty of other Wolfpackers in the NFL, NBA, and MLB that fly under the radar.  Like this guy.....




David Amerson is currently on Washington and is listed as the team's starting right cornerback.  He has started all eight games this year with two picks, including one returned for a touchdown.  State fans got used to seeing Amerson pick off passes during his time in Raleigh.  In fact, in 2011 he set the ACC record for most interceptions in a season with 12.  I am not sure he got a ton of recognition for the accomplishment, but basically averaging an interception a game is a pretty big accomplishment.  I think the record breaker against Louisville was by far my favorite.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...