Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Booklet of 80s Redbirds

A really inexpensive pick up, in terms of trade, that I found last week from a trade partner on Ebay.  I have never been a huge fan of booklet cards, but they have really come down in price over the years.  This one was a really cool one in my opinion and worth the cost in cards.



Really cool look by Panini too with the old fashioned looking green background and design.  I also really like that the card is an on-card autograph.  The best feature is the two players pictured though, the top of the line-up and two-thirds of the mid 80s Cardinals outfield, Vince Coleman and Willie McGee.  I have posted several McGee cards on here before.  He is loved in St. Louis and was a good player for the team.  He won the 1985 National League MVP and a pair of batting titles too.  Coleman stole bases.  See Billy Hamilton.

Here's an awesome clip I found of Coleman's 100 stolen base in 1985 with Harry Kalas on the call:

1 comment:

  1. I think I have some Rays cards I could send your way. If you ever want to trade shoot me an email. mattscott82@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...