Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Not Even A Dollar

I am going to enjoy a nice day at home today with the little guy, but am going to get a quick post in while he is laying on the sofa watching a little Daniel Tiger.  Maybe a trip a trip to the park later this afternoon, but for now we are just chilling out...




I took a roll of the dice on a card late last week that cost me less than a dollar.  It was $0.99.  Steep price.  Here's what I landed for my money.  




In my opinion you can never go wrong adding an autograph of a good young player for a low price.  Yelich does not seem all that special when you stop and take a look at his numbers.  This year the Marlins outfielder has posted a .262/.341/.423 line with just 6 home runs and 24 RBIs.  Actually Yelich also has 12 doubles and also has 6 triples.  In fact, more than a third of his hits have been extra base hits.  Add in the fact that Yelich is just 22 and I think that this was a good use of 99 cents.  It would seem that the Marlins outfield is set for awhile with Yelich, Giancarlo Stanton, and Marcel Ozuna.  

1 comment:

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....