Saturday, November 2, 2013

2013 Topps Traded Cards: 3

Do you remember the beginning of Ferris Bueller's Day Off when Cameron is laying in bed and cannot motivate himself to get out of bed?  I have been having this very same feeling during the past few weeks about buying anything from the Topps Update set.  




I want to buy some Topps Update cards.  They're are staple of the card calendar year.  I've eyed the price of boxes, sets, insert sets, autographs, and anything else that might be cool from this year's release.  The variation thing is still just really bothering me, but I am trying to move past it and just buy the set for the sake of completing my run of Topps baseball cards for the thirtieth year in a row.  Not many people can say they've done something thirty straight years, so I am a little sad that this year's set is so disappointing that I am having trouble being motivated to complete a task that should be an automatic.  

I finally picked up a singular Topps Update card last week when I picked up a Bob Tewksbury autograph from Ebay.  In the middle of the week I added a Ruben Sierra (The Village Idiot) autograph and included it in a post yesterday.  I have been fortunate enough to add another cool card from the Topps Update set.  Did you see...I said cool card and Topps Update set in the same sentence.  I am coming around.  


2013 Topps Update All-Star Stitches Yadier Molina Jersey 


You can never go wrong with a Yadier Molina card and finding a jersey relic or autograph card is just icing on the cake.  Molina is not a big signer, but also does not have a ton of relic cards floating around either.  They are usually limited somehow, disappear quickly, and rarely reappear for resale.  I managed to add this card for $5.  Go search the Completed Items on Ebay and you will find that price is a bargain for a Molina jersey.  

The relic piece itself has a cool texture and is obviously a piece of the warm jersey worn by Molina the night before the All-Star game during the Home Run Derby and other festivities.  Since Molina was not a participant, he really just sat around on the side of CitiField wearing this jersey, but I am still cool with that.  Feeling pretty good about my newest card and getting a little bit closer to pulling the trigger on some more 2013 Topps Update cards.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Around The Card Room, Take 17

I got my first job was pushing in carts and bagging groceries at the Dierbergs in Manchester, Missouri during my junior year of high school....