Monday, June 24, 2013

2010 Donruss Elite Patches Matt Harvey Autograph


2010 Donruss Elite Collegiate Patches Matt Harvey Autograph 


There are not many nice things that I have to say about the blue Carolina schools, especially the powder blue wearing one at the south end of 15-501.  "Go To Hell Carolina" is not a phrase reserved only for a football game or a few basketball and baseball games, but almost everyday.  Cannot say that I really dig schools with fake classes or Hansbrough.  

However, I will give a brief tip of the cap to the Heels baseball team this evening and the wonderful season being crafted together by UNC alum, and New York Mets pitcher, Matt Harvey.  In 16 starts this season the second year pitcher has posted a 7-1 record with a 2.05 ERA and 121 strikeouts in 110 innings.  While most have taken notice of Harvey's performance this season, he also put together a solid, yet brief, appearance with the Mets in 2012 too.  During his rookie campaign he only went 3-5, but post an ERA of 2.73 with more than a strikeout per inning and less than a baserunner per inning.

Of course, Harvey's connection to the Mets and Tar Heels somewhat limited my interest in his cards.  Then again I am interested in a Matt Harvey card if you are interested in trading a card, like the one pictured above, to me for the right price.  So, what is the right price for this piece of cardboard?

Let's just say the reorganization project might be paying off some dividends.  I have not necessarily sold off any of my doubles or triples, maybe some quadruples, but I have floated out the fact that I have surplus quantity at the moment.  So, the question was posed to me?  How many A-Rod doubles does one collect in amass in thirty years?  I recently found the answer to that question and cashed in a chunk of them for a Matt Harvey autograph.

Now, some of the A-Rod cards were very nice.  A few relics, but I still am liking the idea of having a smaller collection if the quantity I am sacrificing will land me some nice pieces for my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...