Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Darryl Kile Card

I picked up a new Darryl Kile card in a trade a few days ago and was happy to see it in my mailbox this afternoon.  The card is a 2002 Upper Deck 40 Man Looming Large jersey card.  I collected Darryl Kile cards back in the day, but of course the card companies stopped making cards of him immediately after his death in 2002.  He has no certified autographs and only one materials card.  Even though he had played for the Cardinals for several season when the 40 Man card was released, the people at Upper Deck put a Rockies jersey in the card.  Brilliant!  I still watch for his cards and will trade for one if I don't have it, but it's also nice collecting a player that doesn't have hundreds of 1/1 cards, printing plates, and autograph variations.  This is a card that I have duplicates copies of and will buy or trade for more if I have the chance.

I also posted a scan of my Darryl Kile autographed card.  I got the card signed in 2000 at a Boeing event at the stadium.  Pretty sweet card.  


2002 Upper Deck 40 Man Looming Large Darryl Kile Jersey


2000 Fleer Impact Darryl Kile autograph (in-person)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday Morning Autograph - Felipe Lopez

I own a couple of thousand autographs, the majority have never appeared on my blog. Here is a random autograph that I have never posted.   T...